《美国往事》讲述的并非是一个逻辑完整的传统故事,而是他本人对他一生所钟爱的美国历史、文化与精神的一次纯粹自我的表达。影片以纽约的犹太社区为背景,叙述四个从小一起长大的童年玩伴之间纠葛的恩怨情仇。
《美国往事》经典台词
1.对你的思念让我熬过了这一切你知道你对我有多重要吗?
And that would get me through it all.You know how important that was to me?
2.在墓园里翻云覆雨,他们经常如此别担心,他不是同性恋
Turning over in the grave. They do it every time.Don't worry. A pansy he ain't.
3.你们拍到了我没穿裤子的照片,不,我们拍到你在和未成年少女乱搞
You boys caught me with my pants down that time.No, we caught you with your schmuck in a minor.
4.人生何其妙,如是而已 其实也不是什么大事
Life is stranger than shit, that's all. It's a pisser. No big story.
5.我真不敢相信 我的第一次是个烂条子替我付钱
I can't believe it. My first time, and a lousy cop's paying for it.
6.今晚我们喝下的不只是酒还有我们十年的岁月 十年,不虚此行
There's more onboard tonight than just booze.It's 10 years of our lives. Ten years that were really worth living.
7.她将要得到他的第一个吻 夺去我天堂中无上的快乐
and spend that kiss which is my heaven to have.
8.情同手足的朋友 为纪念永恒的回忆而立
Your youngest and strongest will fall by the sword.
9.当有朋友背叛你时,你就该反击
When you've been betrayed by a friend, you hit back.
10.好死不如赖活
Better off than being dead.
11.你说的没错,贝利先生,我杀过人。有时是为了自卫,有时是为了钱。曾有许多人来找我们,生意上的伙伴,对手,女人。。。有些事情我们做,有些我们不做。我们永远猜不透你在想什么。
It's ture, I have killed people, Mr. Bailey. Sometime to defend myself. Sometimes for money. And many people used to come to us. Business partners, rivals, lovers...Some of the jobs we took, and some we didn't. Yours is one we would never touch.
12.不准你这么说 不准你再这么说我
Don't you ever say that to me. Don't ever say that to me again!
13.即使是黑社会,也能带来好结局
Ends justify means in decisive gangland encounter.